Newburn Bakehouse kindly sent me a large box of gluten free breads to try after I came back from my holiday in New York. So I had great fun trying out all their different breads at different times of the day.
- Tiger Artisan Bloomer – This artisan bloomer is so good!! Whether you have this loaf fresh or frozen, it’s lovely and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It doesn’t fall apart and perfect when toasted.
- Protein Wrap – I love the idea of protein wraps, as I’m one of those gym crazed protein lovers!! These wraps include chia, quinoa, millet and linseed within them. These are good for lunch with tuna mayo in or we have used them for a filled pizza before. I will upload this recipe to my blog soon.
- White Sourdough Artisan Cob – this is the second artisan cob that Newburn Bakehouse sent me. I don’t think this was as good as the tiger loaf but still tasted good. It was fresh and tasty, soft in the middle and crispy on the outside.
- Seeded Mighty Mini Loaf – although this is a mighty mini loaf, the slices inside are still full size! So really useful if you are a lone gluten free’er in your home, as the bread is less likely to go off. The seeds really add extra flavour to this bread, which makes it perfect for sandwiches and toast.
- Sliced White Sandwich Thins – as stated on the packaging these are perfect for sandwiches at lunchtime (or dinner time). If you haven’t tried sandwich thins before (gluten full or free), I personally think they make a yummy sandwich as the bread is thin so you can taste more of the filling!!
- Crumpets – are a perfect start to anyone’s day! I love crumpets for breakfast at the weekend. I usually have Nutella on one and Peanut Butter on the other. I also tried these crumpets with maple syrup and fresh fruit, which is a brilliant alternative.
If you have any questions about the above breads, feel free to contact me.
For more information on Newburn Bakehouse’s Gluten Free range visit: http://www.newburnbakehouse.com/
Leave a Reply