A simple and delicious recipe, perfect for a winters evening. It’s gluten free and low Fodmap.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 can of chestnuts
- 1 packet of streaky bacon
- Fresh or dried sage
- Peel the squash, take out the seeds and chop into chunks.
- Place the squash in a roasting tin. Drizzle with olive oil and season with a little salt.
- Roast in the tin for 40 mins at 200C.
- Meanwhile chop the chestnuts and bacon.
- Takeout the roasted squash, and scatter the bacon, chestnuts and sage over the top. Then bake for a further 30 mins or until the bacon is crispy.