I am not a morning person unless it’s CHRISTMAS DAY!! I wake up with a spring in my step and cannot wait to dig into a special festive breakfast.
Just because I am on the fodmap diet doesn’t mean I don’t want something that I love with lots of flavour.
I personally love smoked salmon for a special occasion and the fact it is low fodmap and the taste is amazing, is just the icing on top of the cake.
Below I have laid out some low fodmap breakfast ideas for you, for Christmas Day. Do let me know if you enjoy any of these dishes or if you have any other interesting breakfast dishes.
- Smoked salmon with cream cheese on gluten free bellinis
- Bacon and brie on a gluten free baguette/roll
- Galaxy Chocolate (low fodmap approved by Monash University)
- Poached eggs on gluten free toast
- Avocado and Bacon on gluten free toast
- Gluten free Pancakes with Maple Syrup
- Gluten free crumpets with peanut butter
- Eggs Benedict with low fodmap Hollandaise Sauce (2tsp of lemon juice, 2tsp of white wine vinegar, 3 egg yolks and 125g of unsalted lactose free butter)
I will definitely be having smoked salmon in some form!!
Stay tuned for further festive fodmap blogs later this week.