Stuffed peppers are such a quick and easy dish to put together, and are so healthy too! The stuffing fillings for the peppers are endless so feel free to mix up this recipe.
I used Full Green Cauli Rice in my peppers and although cauliflower is not low fodmap, I have been able to reintroduce half a pack and have no effects. I wouldn’t have cauliflower every day of the week and I would make sure my other ingredients were low fodmap to keep my tummy happy. So do not try this if you are in the elimination stage.
- 200g of Full Green Cauli Rice
- 10 Olives
- 65-75g of Feta cheese
- 2 large peppers
- Take a pack of the Cauli Rice, open the bag and place in the microwave for 2.5 mins
- Whilst the rice is cooking, slice the top of the two peppers off and core out the insides (and seeds)
- Place the peppers on a plate in the microwave for 5 mins on 800w
- Take the Cauli Rice and pour into a bowl, mix in the chopped olives and feta cheese
- Once the peppers are warm and wilted slightly, take them out the microwave and fill with the rice mix. Compact the mix so they are full to the brim
- Enjoy the stuffed peppers as a side dish or as a main