I was set a challenge by My Soho Times to create a delicious seasonal meal on a budget, and I didn’t hesitate to take it up. I love putting together healthy, hearty dinners for a cozy night in, on a budget.
All the ingredients in this recipe are from The Co-op.
This is a gluten free and a low FODMAP recipe, and perfect for the colder months. It can be made vegan, with meat free alternatives to sausages.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 6 Co-op Lincolnshire Pork Sausages
- 3 medium parsnips
- 3 carrots
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of Chickpeas
- Garlic Infused Oil
- Brown the sausages in a frying pan with garlic infused oil – making sure they get a really good colour because they won’t get any darker in the slow cooker.
- Transfer the sausages to the slow cooker and add the peeled parsnips and carrots, tinned tomatoes and chickpeas.
- Add 250ml of boiling water to the slow cooker pot, mix everything around to pick up every last bit of flavour. Add the rosemary and some pepper.
- Cook on high for 4 hrs or on low for 8 hrs.