As I’m sure many of you reading this blog will know, it’s very difficult to get shop bought burgers (and sausages) without onion or garlic in for us fodmapers.
This casserole makes you feel like you are eating a healthier cheese burger with the flavours of onion and garlic added in.
I add in olive oil infused with garlic, and pickled onions as they are both low fodmap. They also add a great taste to any dish!
This a delicious and easy recipe to make.
- 500g of lean beef mince
- Olive oil infused with garlic
- 1.5 cups of grated cheddar
- 0.5 cup of 0% Fage Greek Yoghurt
- Half a tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of ground black pepper
- A few pickled onions (which are low fodmap)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC
- Brown the 500g of mince in a pan, using the garlic oil as the cooking agent (and of course for extra flavour)
- This should take around 6/7 minutes to cook
- Place the beef in a oven proof dish
- In a bowl add a cup of grated cheddar, Greek yoghurt, half a tin of tomatoes and the salt and pepper
- Pour the mixture from the bowl on top of the beef and then sprinkle on top, the extra 0.5 cup of cheese, with a few chopped pickled onions
- Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly brown.
I served mine with spinach and peas.