It’s Autumn and this means one thing, pumpkin spiced everything!!
I created these gluten free pumpkin spiced pancakes on a weekend and topped with the glorious Biotiful Dairy Kefir. I was challenged by Biotiful Diary to make simple swaps with my food, to add more kefir to my diet. This is an example of a way of using kefir in a sweet dish.
Kefir is full of good bacteria for your gut, is high in protein and has no added sugar. It really is the dream!!
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- 3 Teaspoons Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Vitalite Melted (or any df butter)
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Milk
- Preheat griddle or large non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together both of the sugars, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, eggs, melted butter, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. The batter will be lumpy, do not over mix.
- Set the batter aside for 5 minutes.
- Butter your griddle or spray with non-stick cooking spray if desired. Pour out 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake and spread into a circle.
- Cook each pancake for approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Serve pancakes with butter, syrup, whipped cream, nuts or any other favorite toppings.
Leave a Reply