Savoury flapjacks I hear you say….. it might sound a little weird but they are delicious and with no added sugar in, a perfect healthy snack!
I used the Alfresco Cheese Steaks (original) to add a gorgeous flavour to these snacks.
Makes 16 flapjacks
• Unsalted butter 85g
• Yeast Extract 60g, plus extra, if you like
• Gluten free oats 275g
• Gluten free plain flour 50g
• Alfresco Cheese Steak 200g, broken up into small pieces
• mixed seeds 75g
• eggs 2 large, beaten
1. Heat your oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and line a 22cm square tin with baking paper.
2. Melt the butter and the Yeast Extract in a small pan.
3. Mix together the gluten free oats, gluten free flour, 165g of the cheddar and the majority of the seeds in a large bowl. Pour over the melted Yeast Extract butter and the beaten eggs. Stir everything together well, until all the ingredients are sticky. Press the mixture down into the prepared tin, scatter over the remaining seeds and cheese chunks.
4. Bake for 28 minutes or until the top is golden and crisp. Cool in the tin for roughly 10 minutes, then cut into squares inside the tin and leave to cool before eating.
*I was kindly gifted the cheese by Alfresco.