- Four Alfresco Cheese Steaks, cut into 1cm slices, rings separate (I used two original steaks and two chilli steaks)
- Groundnut oil
- 150g gluten free self-raising flour
- 180ml sparkling water (I got mine from Asda)
- A pinch of Rosemary
- A pinch of Paprika
- A pinch of Salt
- Take the Alfresco Cheese Steaks, and use a cookie cutter to cut out rings of cheese from the steak. I used two cutters, 5 cm and 6 cm.
- Heat the groundnut oil to 180C in a heavy-based pan – there should be enough oil to just cover the height of the cheese steaks.
- Meanwhile put the gluten free flour and sparkling water in a bowl and add the seasoning. Whisk together to form a delicious batter.
- Coat a small batch of cheese rings in batter. Carefully lower into the hot oil and deep-fry until crisp and golden, about 2 – 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a piece of kitchen towel. Repeat with the remaining cheese and batter.
I also made a low Fodmap salsa to go with the cheese rings. I have linked the recipe here.
*To note I was gifted the Alfresco Cheese Steaks