I actually made this french toast when I was really craving something sweet for lunch but I think it would be a perfect breakfast dish. It is gluten free, dairy free and also low fodmap. The french toast is stacked on top of layers of fruit. I used strawberries and raspberries but feel free to use any fruit you love.
- 2 slices of Gluten free bread (I used Tescos own seeded loaf)
- 1 medium sized egg
- Almond milk (or any milk you prefer)
- Half a teaspoon of Ground cinnamon
- 4 strawberries (or more if you prefer)
- 4 raspberries (or more if you prefer)
- Maple syrup
- Crack the egg in to a bowl and whisk with a folk. Next add in 30ml of almond milk and mix. Then add in the cinnamon to the bowl.
- Take the two slices of bread and dip the bread in the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Warm up some oil in a pan and place the bread in the pan. Make sure the pan is at a medium heat. Fry bread for a few minutes either side.
- Cut up the strawberries and raspberries whilst the bread is frying.
- Once the bread is fried, take out the pan. Place one piece of bread on your plate, and take half the strawberries and raspberries and place on top of the bread. Then take your second slice of bread and place on top. Put the rest of the fruit on top and drizzle maple syrup all over.