I created this low fodmap and gluten free dish one week night, as I had some rice noodles to use up. It is quite a sweet dish but I love it. Its quick and easy to make, perfect when you get home from work and you are feeling really hungry.
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts
- 100g Rice Noodles (I used Thai Taste Noodle Nests from Waitrose)
- 2 large carrots
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- 2 tsp of maple syrup
- A pinch of chopped coriander leaves
- Garlic Oil
1. Thinly slice the carrot into long thin strips and chop up the bell peppers into small chunks.
2. Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
3. Heat a large frying pan with garlic oil on a medium heat, add the chicken pieces for 8 mins, turning occasionally until golden brown.
4. Whilst the chicken is cooking, start cooking your rice noodles. The Thai Taste noodles are soaked in boiling hot water for 8-10 minutes.
5. To make the peanut sauce; in a bowl, mix the peanut butter, maple syrup and juice from the lime.
6. Add the pepper and carrots to the pan with the chicken and fry for 3 mins. Add the cooked noodles to the pan with the chicken and vegetables and stir in the sauce, cook for 2 mins. Sprinkle the coriander leaves on top, then stir through.
Feel free to add some chilli flakes on top, if you want to add a little spice to the dish.