Mr FFL and I created this dish one Friday night when I found some Waitrose Butternut Spaghetti and bought it home on a whim. It’s a very creamy and delicious bake. Perfect for a cold winters evening!
- Waitrose Butternut Spaghetti (or just a standard butternut squash cut into ribbons)
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1 cup of peas (we use frozen peas)
- 3/4 of a cup of double cream
- 1 cup of grated cheddar
- Grill the bacon for 8 minutes
- Whilst the bacon is grilling take the Waitrose Butternut Spaghetti, pierce the bag many times and put in the microwave for 2.5 minutes at 900w
- If you are using frozen peas, place them in the microwave for 2.5 minutes at 800w with a little dash of water
- Put the Spaghetti and peas in a oven proof pan
- Pour the cream on the Spaghetti and peas. Then cut up the cooked bacon with scissors and mix in with the cream.
- Add in half of the grated cheddar to the cream mixture. Then sprinkle the other half of the cheese on top of the bake.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes in 200C
- Take out when bubbling and a little brown on top, and serve.